Saturday, January 21, 2012

Reality

For my facebook status I wrote, "Why do we keep going back when we know that our yesterdays aren't as good as our presents."
What I realized about myself and more than likely about the rest of the world is that the great majority of ourselves are insane. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
We go back to pain daily and over and over again because it is familiar to us and to do something different and new is unknown and bone chilling scary.
To keep it on the I, I'm scared of my own success. For years I've known that I have a knack for this writing thing. I've always known that if I really invested a full hundred and fifty percent of my time in my writing I can really blow up and be successful, but like so many other individuals that recognize their talents and potential half way we know so well that there is so many other forces and woes holding us back.

My demons are the other negative talents that I have.
Apart from being a talented writer, I'm a gifted salesman and I mean really gifted. I can sell shit to a toilet (lol). It's my greed that really holds me back. The glory days of my yesteryears and all the other under the table hustles and back room dealings. Chasing the wrong dreams of profit has always kept me going or looking back into a darkness that'll keep me blind sided or better yet blinded to what can really propel me ahead. Dropping our baggage and letting go of our negative past is what will help us move forward and leave the insanity behind us.
Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment